Looking for Top accredited physical therapy schools in USA top state California? We are going to give you some update stats of top schools affiliated with APTA and other California association. Schools are located in San Francisco, San Jose, Los Angeles, and other various cities in California.
Schools offering DPT programs and assistance programs in physical therapy from 2019 to 2020. Mostly 2019 session has been ending, so you can join in the Jan 2020 year.
California state renewed for top worldwide schools, so in order to search physical therapy program, you will please.
After holding the degree of DPT, in California various opportunity for the healthcare field. California is the No1 state in the USA with Top salary occupation in the nursing field, therapy, and doctor. Los Angeles, San Diego is the top city with full of opportunities.
- According to PTBC (Government Official Site) 14 Schools holding accreditation through APTA
- Top Schools located in San Marcos, Pomona, Stockton, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Oakland, Linda, Orange, Sacramento, Long Beach, Fresno, and Azusa
- DPT is 3 years’ programs, 6 months additionally required in some schools for internship
- Prerequisites required for applying in any accredited schools
- You can contact directly with CAPTE for information about schools accreditation
- You can appoint in Rehabilitation Hospital, Sub-Acute Rehabilitation, Hospitals, Sports complex, traveling, Outpatient Clinic, Extended Care Facility, Hospice, Home Health, Private and Local, State, and Federal Government
- Demanding Specialize or research in Cardiopulmonary, Hand Therapy, Musculoskeletal, Neurological, Pediatrics, and sports
- On Average $85,000 to $87,000 physical therapist can make in a year and in California, this figure in some city or healthcare center is $120,000 annually
- After the degree, visit FSBPT site for getting the license
- Job Outlook till 2016 will 28% according to BLS in the overall USA
- View other states (NC, Texas) Top Schools.
Physical Therapy Programs in California
Review Physical therapy exam tuition fee, licensing requirement and other prerequisites for entry admission. Criteria for getting admission are very simple to both local residents and international students also. Many schools in California is also offering scholarship and financial aids to local students.
As I mentioned above, only 14 schools in California approved for eligible for the DPT program. I explain only Top 4 schools, for more information you can contact us.
In that case, you must have an accredited undergraduate degree to apply these schools regarding physical therapy.
Before submit admission fee make sure your undergraduate degree is what subjects? Although Physical therapy categorizes in ART subject but required science subjects for eligibility. That’s amazing.
Tuition Fee in California
Just like other states in California, the average fee is about $17,660 to $18,000 per semester. This is for local students only, for international students this figure reaches $22,000 to $24,000.
List of Physical Therapy Schools in California
Check credentials of different schools of DPT programs offering, each school have different criteria of selection basis on their ranking, faculty, and others.
Mount Saint Mary’s University
Mount Saint Mary’s University is the top schools of physical therapy programs (DPT). According to USA Times, USA no1 schools relates to economical, Hispanic service, and faculty.
- 120 units are required for program completion
- Average Class size is 30 to 35 students
- Applied Kinesiology
- Applied Exercise Science
- Lifespan Development
- Pathology/Medical Science
- Pharmacology/Diagnostic Techniques
- Specialty Practices in Physical Therapy
- Health Systems
- Integrative Seminar Courses
- Patient/Client Management Courses
- Clinical Experience Courses
Address: 10 Chester Place, Los Angeles, CA 90007
University of California San Francisco
If you are looking for DPT programs in San Francisco, the State University should your first choice. The top rank University of California relates to health care programs.
- 50 students each year
- Competition is high
- Must Above 3.2 GPA in Science subjects
- National Licensing Passing rate is 95%
California State University, Long Beach
I recommend you to get admission here for DPT program to Long Beach student, due to Fee structure, Faculty, ART programs and much more.
- APTA recognizes
- 100% Gradation Passing Rate
California State University, Fresno
Another top rank university in Fresno California offering a doctor of physical therapy degree. An interview is playing a key role in selection.
Address: Fresno, CA 93740
DPT Programs in California
Many other Schools in California is also offering DPT programs. Make sure these programs reflect graduation degree in physical therapy. Some student confuses this program with the doctorate degree. After this programs only research study or PH. D program can a student join.
|Top Schools||DPT Programs|
|California State University, Northridge||18111 Nordhoff Street Northridge, CA|
|California State University, Sacramento||6000 J Street Sacramento, CA|
|Loma Linda University||Loma, Linda CA 92350|
|Samuel Merritt University||1318 7th Avenue, Box 0736 San Francisco, CA|
|University of St. Augustine for Health Sciences||700 Windy Point Drive San Marcos, CA 92069|
Note: For more details about Particular university resources, and DTP programs Contact US.
Physical Therapy Assistant Schools in California
Just like DPT programs, many schools in California offering PTA programs also. Doesn’t require years of education for this, just associate degree and certification is necessary for this. Just like PT schools, for PTA accreditation is must require.
Programs Length: Less than 2 years3
Associate Degree Program in Physical therapy
Physical Therapy Career Outlook in California
California is the Top state relates to physical therapy career. On average $87,000 as a physical therapist you can make and 20% of therapist make above $120,000. Demanding field in California (San Jose, San Diego, San Francisco, Los Angeles).
28% job growth expected till 2016.