Looking for top accredited schools in Georgia (GA) offering Physical Therapy programs (PT, PTA, AID, DPT)? Multiple Cities of Georgia like Atlanta, Athens, and Savannah offering PT programs in 2019 and 2020 year. In this article, we will discuss Top Schools entry requirements, GPA and GRE requirements, tuition fee and prerequisites requirements.
Before taking admission in Georgia (GA) top schools, make sure your schools are affiliated with APTA or another regulatory educational body. One thing also makes sure about the Georgia PT licensing requirement after getting a DPT degree.
After Graduate, you can get easily internship in Georgia Top Rehabilitation and healthcare center (Mountaintop Medical Center, Well Star West Georgia Medical Center, University of Georgia Health Center, The Women’s Health Center at West Georgia Health) as a Physical therapy AID, Assistant under Physical therapist.
A quick look in the summarized section, about Selection of school in Georgia, career outlook.
- 7 schools holding accreditation in Georgia (GA)
- Found Accredited schools in Augusta, Atlanta, Gainesville, Savannah, and Dahlonega
- Total of seven years required to become a Physical therapist in Georgia (GA)
- Excellent employment of Physical Therapy Aids and Assistant
- $75,000 annually Salary easily get by Physical therapist in Georgia (GA)
- 28% Overall job Growth Rate of Physical therapist, 3% in Georgia (GA)
- Science subjects required in Undergraduate or Major in Biology, medical management, kinesiology, Behavioral Science and Medication Management.
- Online Schooling Demand in Increasing in Georgia last 3 years
- You can also get Certificate, Diploma and become Physical Therapy Aids and Assistant and earn $38,000 Annually salary
- Apply to FAFSA application for Financial Aid
Physical Therapy Programs in Georgia (GA)
Different PT programs offering different universities of Georgia, from an associate degree to DPT and PTA (AID) certification or diploma course offering. Many People apply for the certification course, that’s 1.5 years and get an easy job in any rehabilitation, hospitals, and clinic.
Here is some different type of programs of physical therapy.
DPT Programs in Georgia
DPT required at-least 7 years of education, although the length of DPT is 3 years, you at-least require a bachelor degree in particular subjects. I mentioned above, 7 accredited schools offering the DPT program (Detail below).
For become Physical therapist you must require a DPT degree, after this program therapist pick advance practice training in pediatric or scholar.
Just like other state Georgia is also offering License to DPT holders. Apply for practice in this state. It’s your school’s responsibility to prepare you for this exam.
$15,667 on average school tuition fee per semester
Physical Therapy Assistant Program in Georgia
Just like PT programs, PTA programs are also offering many schools and colleges of Georgia. For a quick job, mostly students get admission, and after getting a job, take online admission for DPT degree.
- 2 year Required to become PTA
- Tuition Fee less than DPT program
- Courses include Medical Terminology, Pathophysiology, Therapeutic Exercises, Anatomy & Physiology and many more
- FSBPT Exam required after completion of degree
- Apply here for getting the license
For more detail about PTA programs in Georgia, Contact us.
Physical Therapy Aide Program
Just like PTA and DPT programs, Physical therapy aids certification is also offering many schools. The demand for AID is increasing in Georgia many cities like Atlanta and Athens. Not career outlook stats, if I compare to those states like California, Texas, and NC.
List of Physical Therapy Schools in Georgia
Let’s discuss Accredited Schools One by one. Every school has a different requirement regarding admission in PT. All school’s faculty is excellent, Approved by APTA. Still, if you have any other questions about ranking and affiliation of school, then you can comment us about it.
In State Augusta, State University is offering a DPT degree. The 3-year program, 9 semesters for DPT. On average Tuition Fee is $8,000 to $12,000 per semester after financial Aid.
Augusta University offering 146Plus programs, Listed in Top 10 of State Schools.
Address: 987 St. Sebastian Way Room 1304 Augusta, GA 30912
Renowned Physical therapist is including in faculty of physical therapy program in Brenau University. Should you 1 choice for PT admission in Gainesville Town.
You can check Brenau University Accreditation at APTA official Site.
In Atlanta 3 Schools offering DPT program, so What’s is the top-ranked schools? Emory University offering many Combined and dual degree physical therapy programs.
Check the university official site for more detail about each program.
- Doctor of Physical Therapy
- Dual DPT/PhD
- DPT-MPH Program
- DPT-MBA Degree
- DPT/MA-Bioethics Dual Degree
- Residency Training
Address: 1462 Clifton Rd N.E. Suite 312, Atlanta GA 30322
Georgia Southern University
In City Savannah, Georgian Southern University should your first choice related to DPT programs. University claims 95.9% passing ratio on the first attempt, and the national exam also for getting the license.
For an application, Tuition Fee and admission criteria you must go the official site of University.
Address: 11935 Abercorn Street, Savannah, GA
University of North Georgia
Schools are also offering Physical Therapy assistant programs with DPT. One of the best faculty in the University of North Georgia. No 1 Dahlonega city school.
- Applied Kinesiology
- Applied Exercise Science
- Lifespan Development
- Pathology/Medical Science
- Pharmacology/Diagnostic Techniques
- Specialty Practices in Physical Therapy
Physical Therapy Career Outlook in Georgia
$75k-$96k is the average salary in Georgia according to many Job Site. Employment ratio isn’t excellent but good.
Average Satisfaction is 3 out of 5
Hourly Salary is $41.22, but in many top hospitals of Atlanta and Athens, this will reach $56.7 per hour.
- Pediatric Outpatient
- Clinics, Hospitals and Rehabilitation Center
- Chief Radiation Therapist –
- Physical Therapist (Acute/Inpatient)
- Inpatient-General Acute
For more information about DPT programs, salary and career outlook, Contact PTCareer.info and submit a form to our expert.