Looking for Best rank Mississippi Physical therapy schools? Physical therapy demand in Mississippi and all over the World is increasing day by day, so the salary range is also increasing. On average therapist in Mississippi earn $82,000, which is below national average salary range in the US. But most cities in Mississippi (Jackson, Biloxi, Hattiesburg, Columbus) salary above $90K.
Physical therapist demand in various hospitals and rehabilitation center is increasing, so after DPT degree don’t forget to submit your C.V there (Lawrence County Hospital, North Mississippi State Hospital, North Mississippi Medical Center-Eupora, Children’s of Mississippi, North Mississippi Medical Center-Iuka).
A license is required in Mississippi, so for renewal and applies for a license after DPT degree you need to visit the official site of State.
- 1 school is offering an accredited program in Mississippi
- Jackson is the only city, where you can find the school (University of Mississippi at the Medical Center)
- Average salary is between $78,000 to $84,000
- Accreditation Expires: 12/31/2021 (so make sure accreditation status after 2021)
- Course includes subjects like (Biomechanics, Gross Anatomy, Neuroscience, Evidence-Based Practice, Musculoskeletal Conditions ETC)
- Others states with DPT programs (NY, PA, Florida)
- Ask more about Mississippi DPT programs
Accredited Physical Therapy Programs in Mississippi (MS)
7 year required for becoming a physical therapist. Competition is high relates to admission in medical college due to lack of accreditation school. SO you have good grades in previous academic before apply. At least above 3.4 GPA in Undergraduates major requires.
DPT Programs in Mississippi
Before Apply DPT programs I recommend you to get a bachelor degree in Kinesiology (Bachelor of Sciences in Kinesiology). That will help you in admission to state universities. Exercise Science is the 2nd best major for DPT degree, your chance will be above 70% if you have a bachelor degree in this subject.
7 years of education required, (3 years DPT program) to become a therapist in Mississippi.
Visit the State Board Site for an apply license, it’s mandatory for the practitioner. You can also visit the State department locate in Jackson.
Tuition and Costs
On average tuition, Fee is between $120,00 to $15,000 in Mississippi schools after financial AID.
Top Schools for DPT Programs in MS
As I mentioned above, only 1 school is offering DPT accredited degree, there are also others, make sure about Accreditation status before get admission.
The University of Mississippi of Medical Science
The top rank schools for DPT degree in Jackson, Mississippi. Best faculty, research lab, own Hospitals, and Clinics helps PT students to complete their programs.
- School of Medicine
- School of Nursing
- School of Pharmacy
- School of Population Health
- Continuing Health Professional Education
Jackson, MS 39216-4500
Mississippi State University
One of another top rank university offering DPT program. Check out below primary prerequisite requirement for this program.
- Good GPA and GRE score
- Bachelor in Exercise Science, Kinesiology, Biology, psychology Will give priority
Physical Therapy Assistant Schools
Many students looking for PTA programs or you can say an associate degree in Physical therapy. Before DPT this is the best academic learning, where competition is high. You can also join various schools, hospitals, and rehabilitation center. $35,000 to $42,000 you can earn as a PTA in Mississippi.
Meridian Community College
Meridian Community college is Accredited By CAPTE.
- 2 years Programs (5 semesters)
- Make sure schools are preparing you for NPTE Exam in existing PTA program.
- Gradation passing score is about 90%
Career outlook of Physical Therapist in MS
Employment rate is overall in the USA for PT is 37%. In Mississippi the demand of physical therapist in pediatric, and sports field in very high.
Salary range is $82,000, on the other hand, in Jackson’s various hospitals some therapist can make around $110,000.